Monday, August 31, 2009

Beginning week 2




I just thought I would write a note acknowledging that I have not been subjected to the usual side effects from the interferon injections. I have now administered two injections in my body, a week apart. And aside from being exhausted easily, some minor eczema, itching at the injection site and having difficulty going up stairs (due to joint pain, etc), I can say that it isn't at all what I was expecting. Very anti-climactic considering I had psyched myself up for living hell.

Now I am convinced that maybe the treatment isn't working because I have not experienced any negative effects.

How is it possible that I am an exception from the norm? What's wrong with me? Did I perhaps get placebo or even water in my pre-filled syringes? Was it the doing of a lazy or pissed off employee at the drug company? I am 50% convinced that this is what has happened.

Now it is just the waiting for the all important blood tests to show if it has started working, or if I am a non-responder.

Of course I will let you know.

1 comment:

  1. There is no way that you are a non-responder. No. fucking. way.

    Let us know when they confirm it for you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete