Saturday, July 17, 2010

onway iatushay


Okay, so here's the situation......

my parent's went away on a week's vacation and...

Here IS the situation. I am not really sure where I want to take "this" now that I am in school. I am super busy now and what with school and my son, I don't really have time to do a post every week. AND to be fair, I must be honest, the last 2 posts that I wrote, well, my heart just wasn't in 'em. It was more just relating facts not actually telling the story in my usual way. So, I just wanted to acknowledge that I take pride in what I do on this site and it bums me out that I can't put the time in right now that I did for the last year.

What I have decided to do is to just write when I am inspired. Not to say that I wasn't always inspired when I wrote all my previous posts but I before, I was emotionally able to take the necessary energy needed to recall, recreate and publish these memories from the past.

My counsellor (Hi, A, I know you are reading this) and I were discussing the blog and I am really not interested in turning this into a that was me then, this is me now sort of thing. I have convinced myself that people read this solely because of the rawness of it and plus, does anyone even really CARE about NOW? I mean, it is the dirty stuff, the morbidly satisfying and shocking things that keep them coming back, is it not?

Anyways, maybe I am wrong. Feel free to email me and tell me what you think I should do. Or simply post a comment. Or let it be. I am not going anywhere, let that be clear. This is my site, I just paid to renewed my domain name and I WILL be getting my ten dollars worth.
*********
And that was a direct reference to the Fresh Prince's "Parents Just Don't Understand" at the top.

5 comments:

  1. rp,

    I am not much of a believer in "correct answers" or the use of the word "should". I think you will either write something you or your readers like or don't like, with many factors playing into it. Being inspired or motivated may have a profound impact or none at all. You can choose for yourself which is the case.

    One thing is likely though: if you don't write at all, there will be nothing for you or your readers to judge. The only thing to assess in that case, is the lack of writing. It's a choice and it's your choice.

    We don't go away from writing until we're good enough to writers; we flail around in our words and become writers.

    For me, I like reading your words.

    -arvan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arvan, I do want to continue, and I will, just less frequently. Just reading your comment makes me want to write:)
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your stuff too, Shirley, and not just the salacious stuff. I like to hear that you're doing well. That's even better.

    Keep it up.

    -Iestyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love reading your posts, otherwise i just wouldnt bother. Selfish me says "please keep posting" but unselfish me says...."head down, bum up and get into your schoolwork" us blog readers will still be here and we get notification each time you post so i'm looking forward to reading your posts as you feel like posting, love hearing about all the down and dirty stuff but also looking forward to the one that tells us that you have just completed your studies and have whatever qualification it is that you are after : )

    ReplyDelete