Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Virginity

When I first began using heroin everyday, I was what you might call a functioning addict. I had a job, boyfriend, social life. But it didn't take long for it all to come crashing down. It started with me having to use at work. I had to score on my breaks otherwise I would be sick. And I started work early too, at like 5:30am - and waiting until the dope dealer turned on his phone at 10am was seriously the LONGEST four and half hours I have ever had to endure. I was already hiding it from my live in boyfriend, and from friends - or at least I thought I was. I was quickly running out of sources for money, as my job was no longer providing the amount of cash I needed everyday. I remember right before it came out that I was using, I had told my boyfriend that I had my wallet stolen, so I didn't have the rent money. And I actually filed a police report, just to make my story that much more convincing. I did lots of stupid things and it was truly exhausting.

ANYWAYS, I am including these details to make it understood that no one ever starts out prostituting themselves. Or at least I didn't. It is a last resort. And once you do it once, it gets easier every time. Its sort of like virginity.

I actually had a relationship with someone that I met downtown, he had been one of my "dates", and he had the nerve to tell me that he thought I was addicted to sex, and that's why I was prostituting. What an idiot. Ask any woman in the downtown east side, if she is working cause she likes giving ********, and she will laugh in your face. And it IS a job, that's why its referred to as "working".

3 comments:

  1. I have always believed that it's not exactly a "career" young girls aspire to.

    I suspect more women than men believe that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not a career, but definately a "profession" of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TRUE! there isn't any woman who likes to be treated in this manner. Back when you had a job and boyfriend ithink that was your childhood sorta, now youa re mature..beautiful story!!!

    ReplyDelete