Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Scammin' PART ONE



I didn't often rip guys off. It wasn't good business sense. That must sound retarded considering I am talking about street level sex work but I am serious. A girl comes to rely on repeat customers as any other business relies on their customers. I can say from my perspective as a consumer I know that I prefer to avoid getting ripped off when I am shopping or utilizing some service. It is just common sense. I have ripped the odd guy off though and (usually) it was never because I wanted to. It was always because of some idiot guy that I was having a totally insignificant and doomed relationship with while I was working the street. I would never normally participate in such dangerous activities such as ripping off dates (dangerous activities besides the obvious having sex with strange men that I don't know, in deserted places). If you rip off the wrong guy he can get really pissed off and come back with a baseball bat or come back with some of his buddies and next thing you know..you have had your ass kicked. Hard. Usually though the "average" guy is a pussy and so scared that he is going to get busted by cops/wifey he just drives off.

Back to my story: As I said I would never rip anyone off for no reason but you must know how guys are sometimes...Have you ever heard about a guy that meets his girlfriend at a strip club..she is a dancer there...blah blah blah...and then after a while he suddenly starts having a problem with her working there and wants her to stop? This is what is like being in any kind of "relationship" with a date. Eventually they pressure you to stop (but you need money so you can't) and then before long you are lying to them and saying you DID rip the guys off and it gets worse until ties are severed (finally). Then, of course, some other stupid guy picks you up, wants to own you and the cycle begins again. These relationships DO have their benefits, you know. Clean clothes, food, a place to sleep and shower.

I was involved with this guy and he was at the point where he wouldn't let me go downtown on my own. He wanted to wait for me and see what cars I got into and then follow the cars to make sure I wasn't screwing these guys and that I was actually doing what I said I was doing (ripping 'em off). Now, any prostitutes out there know that no guy in his right mind is going to do a date with a girl when there is another vehicle following. It was so frustrating for me. It was so much easier to just to the effin' date and get it over with and get the money that way. I didn't have a problem with it, it was just work to me. To a girl that does this daily, it is just work. You may think "why not just tell the guy to piss off?" but sometimes that can be messy. If this person you are "seeing" has spent alot of money on you they get bitter and can come after you later.

This one night I get picked up by this guy in a big, grey van. One of those old-school vans from the 70's/80's. It was big, had carpeted interior, small tinted windows..it was totally cheesy and probably soundproof, making it easy for the guy that is driving it to murder me without anyone hearing me scream. This didn't throw me off as I saw it as an easy date because we could just do it in the van. But it wasn't going to be easy though, since I had Idiot following me.

First, the guy asks me for a hummer. Fine, I say. Then he asks, if he pays me more will I get naked. Yes, I tell him. So, we go to some location near the Nanaimo and Dundas industrial area, pull over and park at the side of the road. He had not noticed that we were followed. He gives me my money first and then suddenly he notices the headlights approaching slowly, meanwhile I am trying to figure out how to pull this off. Up until this point in my "career" I had maybe ripped off a regular date for $20 once in a while when I was sick. Never had I taken (stolen) that much money (much more than $20) from a date, especially a date I didn't know. On top of it being a totally stupid thing to do, I forgot to mention that this was "one of those guys". The kind that looked like he could come back and seriously injure me with a good old fashioned what for (what does that even mean?). I did not want to do what I was about to do.

He gave me the money and immediately after that the headlights appear and there is a truck beside us. I say "oh God, that is my stupid boyfriend. Just a second" and I jump out and head over to "chat" with my boyfriend.

Let me try to explain the fortunate position of the vehicles at this point. We (me and date) were parked on the right side of the road. BF was coming towards us when we spotted him and he had pulled up beside the van, in the middle of the road. My date had already shut off his vehicle before BF pulled up and couldn't just start it up again and drive off like any date would normally have done. He was blocked in. This was pure luck.

I jumped out knowing buddy (date) would expect me to just walk up to the driver's side window to talk to my BF. Instead of doing that I ran to the passenger side and got in the truck. BF's truck is already running and so buddy has to get back in the driver's seat, get his keys, start the van AND turn around on this small street and come after us. He does this but by then we are already on on way.

I was sooo not cool with what had just happened. Now I had to worry about this dude catching up with us or coming back for his money sometime. I was stressing about all the other horrible scenarios that could play out. On top of that I wasn't ready to stop making money that night. BUT since I had ripped this guy off there was no way I would be able to go back out because for sure he would be looking for me.

We are off, driving fast to get away and then something happens. The worst thing that could happen. The truck runs out of gas. BF is all like "Dee borrowed the truck and told me he put in $14!!" (broken gas gauge) and I am all like "I'm dead". We only got like a minute away from buddy in the grey van. But in a total fluke BF manages to get behind some business and parks. Now, I have to give him some of MY money so he can go get gas while I wait in the truck. Alone. It was terrifying.

Not to be anti-climactic but the guy I ripped off never found us. BF came back with the gas and then was all like "let's go downtown and get your dope then" after which we would go back to his house so I could get high ( I will say he didn't use the dope I bought with my money. He used gibb). HE had the easy part, I was the one that had a reason to panic. I was the one that had to get out to score. I was the one that had to go work for my heroin to avoid sickness.

That is one thing about f*cking people over down there. You cannot hide forever, eventually everyone shows up again. I never did anything as reckless as that again.

YOU: Really?

ME: No, not really.






5 comments:

  1. I am loving your blog, Shirley (it was suggested to me by the admin of SexGenderBody blog).
    It's a kind of voyeristic pleasure of spying on the kind of lifestyle and experience I've never had...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I am aware that "people" think that I must be writing it as a form of therapy..but more than that I write because if I was someone else, I would want to read it. Plus the true life details thrown in about the dates always makes it more fun too. Thanks for reading:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed interesting to read. I'm currently a sex worker, although my experiences are extremely different from yours. It's good to see another perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is it you do? How is it different? Maybe without the severe drug dependence....? And thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I take Lsd about one a year when i'm at a electro-festival, and the occasional weed when someone is circulating a joint, but besides that nothing. I'm a Callgirl, Student and really don't know anything about "the street". I lead a quite normal life. The Dates are usually about 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete